Craft CDN integration
Craft is a small CMS designed by Pixel&Tonic and is aimed to ease the life of web developers and content managers. It’s really flexible in managing all types of content. All in all, using this CMS is quite beneficial because it:
- Features a simple panel that makes it easy to edit and manage your content.
- Handles previewing better than other CMS.
- Has a powerful core.
- Is easy to update.
If you want to speed up Craft, use CDN. Below, you’ll find the detailed instructions on how to integrate CDN with Craft CMS.
Before you start
- Before you take any steps please back up your files and database.
- In the following we are going to integrate a CDN service using its CDN domain 12345.r.cdnsun.net. Please refer to Services/How-To for your CDN domain.
- If you are going to integate a CDN service also on https:// pages then you must use CDN domain with SSL enabled.
- If your website embeds custom fonts then please first enable CORS for them.
- Before you take any steps please make sure that your CDN domain is ready-to-use here.
Create CDN Static service
Please refer to Creating a CDN Static service for more details.
Enable CDN in Craft
- Log in to your Craft backend.
Go to Settings.
Go to Assets.
Click on New asset source.
Choose a folder for your assets (e.g. assets/) and fill in your CDN domain as in the picture below.
- Click Save.
- Create the assets folder (i.e. assets/) in your web server document root.
- Upload images to the just created assets source and integrate them into your website.
- That's all.
- Don't see your CDN domain in source code of your web pages? If your website is using any cache plug-in/mechanism then you might want to clear/flush its cache.
- Having troubles with custom fonts? Please refer to Using custom fonts with CDN - setting CORS for more details.
- Still having troubles? Check your CDN URLs in our CDN content check or please refer to Debugging a CDN service for more hints.