XenForo is a community forum program that was built on Zend Framework and released in 2011. According to Google Trends, the popularity of this software is growing at a steady pace over the past years because it has:
- A flexible pricing structure.
- Built-in SEO.
- Fast support.
- Numerous add-ons available to fulfill any task.
If your forum built on XenForo platform doesn't work fast, you can easily speed it up with CDN. Read the detailed instructions on how to integrate CDN with XenForo below.
Before you start
- Before you take any steps please back up your files and database.
- In the following we are going to integrate a CDN service using its CDN domain 12345.r.cdnsun.net. Please refer to Services/How-To for your CDN domain.
- If you are going to integate a CDN service also on https:// pages then you must use CDN domain with SSL enabled.
- If your website embeds custom fonts then please first enable CORS for them.
- Before you take any steps please make sure that your CDN domain is ready-to-use here.
Create CDN Static service
Please refer to Creating a CDN Static service for more details.
Enable CDN in XenForo
- Using FTP navigate to the root directory of your XenForo installation.
Add the following code to the file library/config.php.
- Log in to your XenForo Admin Control Panel.
- Go to Appearance → Styles → [Your Style] → Style Properties → General.
To the Path to Images input filed fill in http://12345.r.cdnsun.net/styles/[your style]
as in the picture below where we set properties of the default style.
- Click Update Style Properties.
- That's all.
- Don't see your CDN domain in source code of your web pages? If your website is using any cache plug-in/mechanism then you might want to clear/flush its cache.
- Having troubles with custom fonts? Please refer to Using custom fonts with CDN - setting CORS for more details.
- Still having troubles? Check your CDN URLs in our CDN content check or please refer to Debugging a CDN service for more hints.