vBulletin CDN integration
vBulletin is supposed to be one of the best online forum solutions on the market released by vBulletin Solutions, Inc. in late 2000. It’s written in PHP and uses a MySQL database server. All in all, this CMS has quite a lot of benefits, and here are some of them:
- It’s simple to integrate into existing website.
- It’s easy to customize the colors and look of any vBulletin installation to match your website.
- It includes features like photo gallery, blogs, groups and online calender.
To speed up and enhance vBulletin performance, use CDN. Here are some instructions on how to integrate CDN with a vBulletin platform.
Before you start
- Before you take any steps please back up your files and database.
- In the following we are going to integrate a CDN service using its CDN domain 12345.r.cdnsun.net. Please refer to Services/How-To for your CDN domain.
- If you are going to integate a CDN service also on https:// pages then you must use CDN domain with SSL enabled.
- If your website embeds custom fonts then please first enable CORS for them.
- Before you take any steps please make sure that your CDN domain is ready-to-use here.
Create CDN Static service
Please refer to Creating a CDN Static service for more details.
Enable CDN in vBulletin
- Log in to your vBulletin admin control panel.
- Go to Styles & Templates → Replacement Variable Manager.
- Click on Add New Replacement Variable next to your style.
Create a new replacement variable for each item in table below.
Search for Text Replace with Text src="customavatars/ src="http://12345.r.cdnsun.net/customavatars/ src="customprofilepics/ src="http://12345.r.cdnsun.net/customprofilepics/ src="images/ src="http://12345.r.cdnsun.net/images/ url("clientscript url("http://12345.r.cdnsun.net/clientscript src="clientscript/ src="http://12345.r.cdnsun.net/clientscript/ url(./images/ url(http://12345.r.cdnsun.net/images/ url(images/ url(http://12345.r.cdnsun.net/images/ var IMGDIR_MISC="images/misc"; var IMGDIR_MISC="http://12345.r.cdnsun.net/images/misc"; var IMGDIR_BUTTON="images/buttons"; var IMGDIR_BUTTON="http://12345.r.cdnsun.net/images/buttons";
- If you have additional custom directories for your static assets then create replacement variables also for them.
- That's all.
- Don't see your CDN domain in source code of your web pages? If your website is using any cache plug-in/mechanism then you might want to clear/flush its cache.
- Having troubles with custom fonts? Please refer to Using custom fonts with CDN - setting CORS for more details.
- Still having troubles? Check your CDN URLs in our CDN content check or please refer to Debugging a CDN service for more hints.