vBulletin is supposed to be one of the best online forum solutions on the market released by vBulletin Solutions, Inc. in late 2000. It’s written in PHP and uses a MySQL database server. All in all, this CMS has quite a lot of benefits, and here are some of them:
- It’s simple to integrate into existing website.
- It’s easy to customize the colors and look of any vBulletin installation to match your website.
- It includes features like photo gallery, blogs, groups and online calender.
To speed up and enhance vBulletin performance, use CDN. Here are some instructions on how to integrate CDN with a vBulletin platform.
Before you start
- Before you take any steps please back up your files and database.
- In the following we are going to integrate a CDN service using its CDN domain 12345.r.cdnsun.net. Please refer to Services/How-To for your CDN domain.
- If you are going to integate a CDN service also on https:// pages then you must use CDN domain with SSL enabled.
- If your website embeds custom fonts then please first enable CORS for them.
- Before you take any steps please make sure that your CDN domain is ready-to-use here.
Create CDN Static service
Please refer to Creating a CDN Static service for more details.
Enable CDN in vBulletin
- Log in to your vBulletin admin control panel.
- Go to Styles & Templates → Replacement Variable Manager.
- Click on Add New Replacement Variable next to your style.
Create a new replacement variable for each item in table below.
Search for Text Replace with Text src="customavatars/ src="http://12345.r.cdnsun.net/customavatars/ src="customprofilepics/ src="http://12345.r.cdnsun.net/customprofilepics/ src="images/ src="http://12345.r.cdnsun.net/images/ url("clientscript url("http://12345.r.cdnsun.net/clientscript src="clientscript/ src="http://12345.r.cdnsun.net/clientscript/ url(./images/ url(http://12345.r.cdnsun.net/images/ url(images/ url(http://12345.r.cdnsun.net/images/ var IMGDIR_MISC="images/misc"; var IMGDIR_MISC="http://12345.r.cdnsun.net/images/misc"; var IMGDIR_BUTTON="images/buttons"; var IMGDIR_BUTTON="http://12345.r.cdnsun.net/images/buttons";
- If you have additional custom directories for your static assets then create replacement variables also for them.
- That's all.
- Don't see your CDN domain in source code of your web pages? If your website is using any cache plug-in/mechanism then you might want to clear/flush its cache.
- Having troubles with custom fonts? Please refer to Using custom fonts with CDN - setting CORS for more details.
- Still having troubles? Check your CDN URLs in our CDN content check or please refer to Debugging a CDN service for more hints.