Typo3 CDN integration
Typo3 is a CMS that is used to create and edit web pages. It doesn’t require knowledge of HTML and CSS. Initially, it was invented for editing websites, but now the system is used to control functionality, content and design. Here are some reasons why this CMS is so popular:
- It is free and doesn’t require any license fees.
- It is easy to use for creating and maintaining websites of various sizes.
- It can be used both by amateurs and professionals.
- It is supported by more than 100.000 developers around the world.
To make your Typo3 website work faster, use CDN. Here are some instructions how to integrate CDN with Typo3.
Before you start
- Before you take any steps please back up your files and database.
- In the following we are going to integrate a CDN service using its CDN domain 12345.r.cdnsun.net. Please refer to Services/How-To for your CDN domain.
- If you are going to integate a CDN service also on https:// pages then you must use CDN domain with SSL enabled.
- If your website embeds custom fonts then please first enable CORS for them.
- Before you take any steps please make sure that your CDN domain is ready-to-use here.
Create CDN Static service
Please refer to Creating a CDN Static service for more details.
Enable CDN in Typo3
- Log in to your Typo3 backend.
Go to Admin Tools → Extension Manager.
Install the Smile CDN extension.
In the Smile CDN extension configuration fill in your CDN domain as in the picture below.
Define Filtre(s) for static assets URLs rewrite as in the picture below.
- Click Save.
In the top menu click on Flush frontend caches as in the picture below.
- That's all.
- Don't see your CDN domain in source code of your web pages? If your website is using any cache plug-in/mechanism then you might want to clear/flush its cache.
- Having troubles with custom fonts? Please refer to Using custom fonts with CDN - setting CORS for more details.
- Still having troubles? Check your CDN URLs in our CDN content check or please refer to Debugging a CDN service for more hints.