SocialEngine CDN integration
SocialEngine is a software suite that allows you to build an online social networking websites. It is a self-hosted solution with its own source code which gives you 100% control over your online resource. Here are several reasons why SocialEngine should be paid attention to:
- It gives you an opportunity to create a simple social network that you can customize in any way.
- It gives you the entire rights to your social network content.
- You get access to the SocialEngine source code.
If your SocialEngine network doesn’t run fast, use a CDN to speed it up. Below you will find some instructions how to integrate CDN with SocialEngine.
Before you start
- Before you take any steps please back up your files and database.
- In the following we are going to integrate a CDN service using its CDN domain 12345.r.cdnsun.net. Please refer to Services/How-To for your CDN domain.
- If you are going to integate a CDN service also on https:// pages then you must use CDN domain with SSL enabled.
- If your website embeds custom fonts then please first enable CORS for them.
- Before you take any steps please make sure that your CDN domain is ready-to-use here.
Create CDN Static service
Please refer to Creating a CDN Static service for more details.
Enable CDN in SocialEngine
- Log in to your SocialEngine admin panel.
- Go to Settings → General Settings.
To the Static File Base URL input filed fill your CDN domain
as in the picture below.
- Click Save Changes.
- That's all.
SocialEngine CDN integration video tutorial
- Don't see your CDN domain in source code of your web pages? If your website is using any cache plug-in/mechanism then you might want to clear/flush its cache.
- Having troubles with custom fonts? Please refer to Using custom fonts with CDN - setting CORS for more details.
- Still having troubles? Check your CDN URLs in our CDN content check or please refer to Debugging a CDN service for more hints.