PrestaShop is an open-source eCommerce platform which gives you an opportunity to run your online store either via self-hosting or in the cloud. There are nearly 250.000 shops worldwide that use this CMS platform. You should definitely pay attention to PrestaShop because:
- It has a great number of high-quality themes.
- It features a handy store construction interface, including detailed product listings, search and navigation.
- You can integrate it with main payment providers, shipping carriers and tax rules.
If your PrestaShop store doesn’t operate fast, use CDN to speed it up. Here are detailed instructions how to integrate CDN with Prestashop.
Before you start
- Before you take any steps please back up your files and database.
- In the following we are going to integrate a CDN service using its CDN domain 12345.r.cdnsun.net. Please refer to Services/How-To for your CDN domain.
- If you are going to integate a CDN service also on https:// pages then you must use CDN domain with SSL enabled.
- If your website embeds custom fonts then please first enable CORS for them.
- Before you take any steps please make sure that your CDN domain is ready-to-use here.
Create CDN Static service
Please refer to Creating a CDN Static service for more details.
Enable CDN in PrestaShop
- Log in to your PrestaShop admin panel (back-office).
- Go to Advanced Parameters → Performance.
Configure CCC (Combine, Compress and Cache) as in the picture below.
- Click Save.
Configure Media servers (use only with CCC) as in the picture below.
- Click Save.
- That's all.
PrestaShop CDN integration video tutorial
- Don't see your CDN domain in source code of your web pages? If your website is using any cache plug-in/mechanism then you might want to clear/flush its cache.
- Having troubles with custom fonts? Please refer to Using custom fonts with CDN - setting CORS for more details.
- Still having troubles? Check your CDN URLs in our CDN content check or please refer to Debugging a CDN service for more hints.