Perch is a flexible content management system preferred by web design agencies and small teams. It is a page based CMS that features an architecture based on mapping content to pages. Perch is often chosen because:
- It combines structured content with complete design flexibility.
- It features powerful tag-based template system.
- It’s really easy to manage.
Perch isn't a slow CMS, but if you want to make it faster, you can integrate it with CDN. Here are the detailed instructions on how to integrate Perch with CDN correctly.
Before you start
- Before you take any steps please back up your files and database.
- In the following we are going to integrate a CDN service using its CDN domain 12345.r.cdnsun.net. Please refer to Services/How-To for your CDN domain.
- If you are going to integate a CDN service also on https:// pages then you must use CDN domain with SSL enabled.
- If your website embeds custom fonts then please first enable CORS for them.
- Before you take any steps please make sure that your CDN domain is ready-to-use here.
Create CDN Static service
Please refer to Creating a CDN Static service for more details.
Enable CDN in Perch
In the Perch document root in the file config/config.php replace the following:
define('PERCH_RESPATH', PERCH_LOGINPATH . '/resources');with the following:
define('PERCH_RESPATH', 'http://12345.r.cdnsun.net' . PERCH_LOGINPATH . '/resources');
Optionally if you have a custom bucket list then in
the Perch document root in the file config/buckets.php replace the following:
'web_path' => '/my/bucket/path',with the following:
'web_path' => 'http://12345.r.cdnsun.net/my/bucket/path',
- That's all.
- Don't see your CDN domain in source code of your web pages? If your website is using any cache plug-in/mechanism then you might want to clear/flush its cache.
- Having troubles with custom fonts? Please refer to Using custom fonts with CDN - setting CORS for more details.
- Still having troubles? Check your CDN URLs in our CDN content check or please refer to Debugging a CDN service for more hints.