Kentico is a web CMS designed for creating web sites, online stores and Web 2.0 community sites. It allows development via its portal engine or using Visual Studio. Here are some benefits from using this CMS:
- It allows easy content editing through a WYSIWYG, browser-based interface for non-technical users.
- You can display the same structured content in various ways while managing the data at one place.
- The website management is not limited to a single web developer.
If you use Kentico CMS and want to speed up your site, use content delivery network. Here are the detailed instructions on how to integrate CDN with Kentico.
Before you start
- Before you take any steps please back up your files and database.
- In the following we are going to integrate a CDN service using its CDN domain 12345.r.cdnsun.net. Please refer to Services/How-To for your CDN domain.
- If you are going to integate a CDN service also on https:// pages then you must use CDN domain with SSL enabled.
- If your website embeds custom fonts then please first enable CORS for them.
- Before you take any steps please make sure that your CDN domain is ready-to-use here.
Create CDN Static service
Please refer to Creating a CDN Static service for more details.
Enable CDN in Kentico
- Log in to your Kentico backend.
- Install one of the following CDN extensions and during installation fill in your CDN domain 12345.r.cdnsun.net.
- That's all.
- Don't see your CDN domain in source code of your web pages? If your website is using any cache plug-in/mechanism then you might want to clear/flush its cache.
- Having troubles with custom fonts? Please refer to Using custom fonts with CDN - setting CORS for more details.
- Still having troubles? Check your CDN URLs in our CDN content check or please refer to Debugging a CDN service for more hints.