Nowadays, Joomla is considered to be one of the most popular open-source content management systems (CMS) around the world as at least 2.7% of all web resources run on it. The reasons why Joomla may become a proper choice are the following:
- It's totally free CMS.
- It's open source (you may easily inspect and change every part of this platform).
- It's rich in plugins, templates and other extensions.
CDN for Joomla is what you need to improve your site loading speed. And we are going to give you detailed instructions how to integrate CDN with Joomla.
Before you start
- Before you take any steps please back up your files and database.
- In the following we are going to integrate a CDN service using its CDN domain 12345.r.cdnsun.net. Please refer to Services/How-To for your CDN domain.
- If you are going to integate a CDN service also on https:// pages then you must use CDN domain with SSL enabled.
- If your website embeds custom fonts then please first enable CORS for them.
- Before you take any steps please make sure that your CDN domain is ready-to-use here.
Create CDN Static service
Please refer to Creating a CDN Static service for more details.
Enable CDN in Joomla using CDN for Joomla! plugin
- Install the CDN for Joomla! plugin.
Go to Extensions → Plugins
and enable CDN for Joomla! plugin as in the picture below.
- Click on the plugin's label.
To the CDN domain input field fill in your CDN domain as in the picture below.
- Click Save.
- That's all.
Joomla CDN integration using CDN for Joomla! plugin video tutorial
- Don't see your CDN domain in source code of your web pages? If your website is using any cache plug-in/mechanism then you might want to clear/flush its cache.
- Having troubles with custom fonts? Please refer to Using custom fonts with CDN - setting CORS for more details.
- Still having troubles? Check your CDN URLs in our CDN content check or please refer to Debugging a CDN service for more hints.