Discourse is 100% open source discussion platform. It offers some very good community features, such as:
- Email digest.
- User management.
- Spam management.
If you choose this platform for designing a forum, think of using a CDN service to enhance its performance. Below, you may find detailed instructions on how to integrate CDN with Discourse.
Before you start
- Before you take any steps please back up your files and database.
- In the following we are going to integrate a CDN service using its CDN domain 12345.r.cdnsun.net. Please refer to Services/How-To for your CDN domain.
- If you are going to integate a CDN service also on https:// pages then you must use CDN domain with SSL enabled.
- If your website embeds custom fonts then please first enable CORS for them.
- Before you take any steps please make sure that your CDN domain is ready-to-use here.
Create CDN Static service
Please refer to Creating a CDN Static service for more details.
Enable CDN in Discourse
- Go to your Discourse installation directory, e.g. /var/discourse.
In the file containers/app.yml replace the following:
#DISCOURSE_CDN_URL: //discourse-cdn.example.comwith the following:
- Run ./launcher rebuild app.
- That's all.
- Don't see your CDN domain in source code of your web pages? If your website is using any cache plug-in/mechanism then you might want to clear/flush its cache.
- Having troubles with custom fonts? Please refer to Using custom fonts with CDN - setting CORS for more details.
- Still having troubles? Check your CDN URLs in our CDN content check or please refer to Debugging a CDN service for more hints.