Setting a Country Access Policy - protect your CDN content
How to enable Country Access Policy
- Go to the Services/Settings page.
- Set the Country Access Policy option to:
- None - visitors from all countries can access the CDN service.
- Allow by default - visitors from all countries except countries specified in the Countries option can access the CDN service.
- Block by default - only visitors from countries specified in the Countries option can access the CDN service.
- Tick Countries related to the Policy above.
- Click on the Update Service button.
- That's all.
Let's say that you want to allow visitors from United States only. To achieve it you have to select Disable by default and then tick United States in the countries checkbox. Please note that if you select "Allow by default" and then tick "United States" in the countries checkbox then you allow visitors from all countries except "United States".
Streaming CDN services
Please note that for streaming CDN services (CDN Video, CDN Video Push and CDN Live) the Country Access Policy is supported only with RTMP, HLS, RTSP and MSS protocols. It is not supported with HDS protocol. Please refer to Supported CDN streaming protocols and formats for more details.