To publish a media via our hosted player you need the following.
- Media - a video file, HLS on-demand stream, RTMP live stream, HLS live stream, etc.
- CDN service - a CDN Static, CDN Static Push, CDN Video, CDN Video Push or a CDN Live service.
- Media content - a link between a media and a CDN service.
- Media player - a player template.
Media & CDN service
- Video file - a video file can be streamed via a CDN Static or CDN Static Push service using pseudo streaming or via a CDN Video or CDN Video Push service using true streaming. We recommend to use pseudo streaming. Read more about differences between true streaming and pseudo streaming here.
- HLS on-demand stream - an HLS on-demand stream or any other HTTP on-demand stream can be streamed via a CDN Static or CDN Static Push service. Read more about it here.
- RTMP live stream - an RTMP live stream can be streamed via a CDN Live service. Read more about it here.
- HLS live stream - an HLS live stream or any other HTTP live stream can be streamed via a CDN Static service. Read more about it here.
On the Services/Media/Content page link your media (Media Path) with your CDN service as in the picture below.
On the Services/Media/Player page create a player template as in the picture below.
Finally on the Services/Media/Publish page select your media content and media player and click on the Publish Media button as in the picture below.
Missing some features?
Please let us know via the support form below.
Test pseudo streaming in JW Player.